ABOUT DR. DARROW
- Dr. Darrow graduated from Northwestern University and has a Medical Degree from the University of Hawaii.
- He completed his Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency at the UCLA School of Medicine.
- After college, Dr. Darrow completed a Doctorate in Jurisprudence from Golden Gate University College of Law in San Francisco, as well as a Masters in Business Taxation from the University of Southern California, and practiced law for 15 years prior to his medical career.
- Dr. Darrow taught at the UCLA Physical Medicine & Rehab Residency Program
- Rhone-Poulenc Rorer Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Scholarship.
- Pan-Pacific Surgical Association Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Research.
- Medical Research Award for Outstanding Achievement In the Field of Research.
- New Trier High School, Winnetka, Illinois
- Northwestern University, Bachelor of Arts, Psychology
- Golden Gate University College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence
- University of Southern California, Masters of Business Taxation
- University of Hawaii, John Burns School of Medicine, MD
- Presbyterian-St. Lukes Hospital, Denver, CO, Transitional Internship
- UCLA Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency Training
PUBLISHED RESEARCH PAPERS
- Darrow M, Shaw B, Darrow B, Wisz S. Short-Term Outcomes of Treatment of Hip Osteoarthritis With 4 Bone Marrow Concentrate Injections: A Case Series. Clin Med Insights Case Rep. 2018;11:1179547618791574. Published 2018 Aug 10. doi:10.1177/1179547618791574
- Shaw B, Darrow M, Derian A. Short-Term Outcomes in Treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis With 4 Bone Marrow Concentrate Injections. Clin Med Insights Arthritis Musculoskelet Disord. 2018;11:1179544118781080. Published 2018 Jun 18. doi:10.1177/1179544118781080
- Marc Darrow, Brent Shaw BS. Treatment of Lower Back Pain with Bone Marrow Concentrate. Biomed J Sci&Tech Res 7(2)-2018. BJSTR. MS.ID.001461. DOI: 10.26717/ BJSTR.2018.07.001461.
- Darrow M, Foulkes G, Ayoub M. “Zoonotic Transmission of Turtle-Borne Edwardsiella tarda.” Infect Med 10(4): 33-359 1993.
- Leckie R, Darrow M, Delaplain C. “Salmonella Osteomyelitis in an HLA-B27 Patient.” PMID: 8482035 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] Clin Nuc Med 18(4): 346-347, 1993.
- Leckie R, Deloplain C, Watabe J, Darrow M. “Thyroid Hemagenesis by Iodine-123 Thyroid Scan With High Resolution Real Time Ultrasound Confirmation.” PMID: 8432068 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] Clin Nuc Med 18(2), 1993.
- Darrow M, Foulkes G, Richmann P, De Los Reyes C, Ayoub M. “Atypcal infections of the Hand: 2 Cases.” PMID: 8776082 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] Am J Orthopaedics. December,1995, 914-7.
- Darrow M, Brammer WK, Rowley A. Thyrotoxic Periodic Paralysis. PMID: 7605191 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE] Arch Phys Med Rehab. Vol 76, July 1995.
- Darrow M, Mevorak B. “Magnetic Resonance in the Treatment of Calcific Tendonitis.” Complementary Health Practice Review, Vol. 9, No. 2, 129-137 (2004)
Studies Awaiting Publication
- Treatment of Shoulder Osteoarthritis and Rotator Cuff Tears with Spun and Whole Bone Marrow Concentrate Injections
- Comparing Outcomes of Spun and Whole Bone Marrow Concentrate injections in Hip and Shoulder Pain Patients
- Treatment of Chronic Low Back Pain with Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections
- Treatment of Hand and Wrist Osteoarthritis with Bone Marrow Concentrate: A Case Series
- Treatment of Ankle Osteoarthritis with Bone Marrow Concentrate Injections
- Treatment of Chronic Knee Pain with Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections
- Treatment of Chronic Hip Pain with Platelet-Rich Plasma Injections.
INCLUDED IN OTHER BOOKS
- Alternative Medicine, the Definitive Guide, Publisher: The Burton Goldberg Group. Chapter: Prolotherapy, co-author.
- “Shoulder Strain: Prolotherapy is an effective, nonsurgical option for wheelchair users with chronic shoulder pain.” Advance for Directors in Rehabilitation February 2004, Vol. 13, No. 2, p. 49-52.
- “Waves of Healing: Therapeutic ultrasound is a versatile tool with a range of uses.” Advance for Directors in Rehabilitation March 2003, Vol. 12, No. 3, p. 61-62.
- “Going the Distance, Overuse Knee Syndromes.” Advance for Directors in Rehabilitation July 2004, Vol. 13, No. 7, p.27
- “Pain Points: Injecting Relief.” Advance for Directors in Rehabilitation July 2003, Vol. 12, No. 7, P.21
LECTURES and PRESENTATIONS
- Prolotherapy Injections for Pain Management.Monthly workshop for UCLA-VA PM&R Residents.
- Back Pain: Non-Surgical Management.St. John’s Hospital and Century City Hospital, CME.
- Shoulder Pain & Imaging Methods. UCLA-VA PM&R Residents.
- Neurogenic Bladder and Spinal Cord Injury. UCLA-VA PM&R Residents.
- Scoliosis. UCLA-VA PM&R Residents.
- Physical Medicine Modalities. UCLA-VA PM&R Residents.
- Darrow M, Foulkes G, Ayoub M. ” Zoonotic Transmission of Turtle-Borne Edwardsiella tarda.” Infect Med 10 (4): 33-359 1993. Presented as Visiting Faculty at Musculoskeletal Infection Society Annual Scientific Meeting, Snowmass, Colorado. Presented at American College of Physicians Science Meeting, Honolulu. Presented at University of Hawaii Biomedical Sciences Symposium.
- Darrow M, Foulkes G, Richmann P, De Los Reyes C, Ayoub M. “Atypcal infections of the Hand: 3 Cases.” Am J Orthopaedics. December,1995, 914-7. Presented at Musculoskeletal Infection Society Annual Scientific Meeting, Snowmass, Colorado, August
- Darrow M, Gordon L. “Clinical Study on Low Back Pain Before & After Fusion & Wiltse Internal Stabilization.” Presented at 7th Annual Combined Orthopaedic Symposium. Presented at University of Hawaii Medical School Biomedical Sciences Symposium.
- Medical License, California:
- American Academy of Orthopedic Medicine
Do you have questions? Ask Dr. Darrow
A leading provider of stem cell therapy, platelet rich plasma and prolotherapy 11645 WILSHIRE BOULEVARD SUITE 120, LOS ANGELES, CA 90025